• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 1] England vs. New Zealand (26/10/2019)

NZ finally blown for all their off the ball play in a big game
England played the aggressive defense and in your face game, exactly what NZ do not like
Well deserved finalists

Well done England. Played an awesome game today. We couldn't handle the defensive pressure.
Any time we made a break, the strength of your ruck play broke it up with a turnover. Couldn't get anything going at all, lost a lot of line outs.

Played a very smart game, everyone played awesome.

Better side won the day.

It wasn't the thanking the supporters. It was the way they hugged their technical staff like it was the last time they were gonna see them for a long time. It looked really out of place for a semifinal.
They just beat the ABs mate, it's a bit of a big deal, especially in a RWC semi. I'm pleased that they're enjoying themselves because they should be, that was an outstanding performance.

How tired did Brodie look? Definitely wasn't match fit,
Barrett at 6 failed miserably too

Brodie will have plenty of time now to have a lie down and rest. :oops: Unless he's picked for the 3rd place play off. Who came up with that game? - the game no one wants to play in.

So, so glad Eddie didn't change his team in response and put Lawes at 6 in response. Hansen putting Barrett at 6 felt like a panic selection with hindsight now. Still I don't think Cane could have done much even if he did start.

Leaving Bender out is going to irk me for a while, dude is ALWAYS clutch in the black jersey

Our inexperience showed a little bit eh. Not having Crotty or Smith in the backs to settle it down when we were under fire. In the last couple we had the old heads all over the park to pull things back together.

Too many rash decisions when we were under the pump.

A lot of those backs will be around for the next one though so at least they'll hopefully learn from that.

Brodie will have plenty of time now to have a lie down and rest. :oops: Unless he's picked for the 3rd place play off. Who came up with that game? - the game no one wants to play in.

So, so glad Eddie didn't change his team in response and put Lawes at 6 in response. Hansen putting Barrett at 6 felt like a panic selection with hindsight now. Still I don't think Cane could have done much even if he did start.

I don't think it would've mattered to be honest. You won the breakdown in both halves either way.

They just beat the ABs mate, it's a bit of a big deal, especially in a RWC semi. I'm pleased that they're enjoying themselves because they should be, that was an outstanding performance.
I guess it's a North America thing. It's a big no no I'm the NHL to celebrate the semi-final (even though you get a trophy) and it's considered bad luck.

Latest posts