• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Samoa (07/10/2023)

Defended them all day and they come out ans produce this....flippin typical...

It was the law for a while
We then saw plenty of people taking pot shot drop-kick co versions to deny the red/TMO time, spit was removed.
was it? I remember people saying it and teams taking those quick drop goals as long as I can remember. I looked at the TMO guidelines and there was nothing about when you can't call it back. I know that as early as 2018 (last time I watched Super Rugby) they would call back tries after the conversion. Maybe it depends on the comp?

Marchant screaming for the ball, Manu trying to tell our 10s to kick to him so we can score a 100m try
We don't

Cowards

I wanted the try to stand but it was clearly a knock-on, even if Itoje generated a lot of the force it still came off the Samoan players hand last

Hatred of any/everything English is blinding a lot of people
As far as I'm aware, it doesn't need to hit his hand last
If it hits his hand and goes forward, then the only way to not be a knock on is if he recovers the ball before it touches anything else.

was it? I remember people saying it and teams taking those quick drop goals as long as I can remember. I looked at the TMO guidelines and there was nothing about when you can't call it back. I know that as early as 2018 (last time I watched Super Rugby) they would call back tries after the conversion. Maybe it depends on the comp?
It got brought in last year:

I wanted the try to stand but it was clearly a knock-on, even if Itoje generated a lot of the force it still came off the Samoan players hand last

Hatred of any/everything English is blinding a lot of people
This would be funny if a clear English fanbase werent calling the decision awful.

And I commend those fans being honest enough

Currys eye didn't look great in that last shot

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't need to hit his hand last
If it hits his hand and goes forward, then the only way to not be a knock on is if he recovers the ball before it touches anything else.
Yeah, all true - my point was more that it was just really obvious on the replays because he's the last person who makes contact and it goes towards England's tryline so it's a clear knock-on

Yeah, all true - my point was more that it was just really obvious on the replays because he's the last person who makes contact and it goes towards England's tryline so it's a clear knock-on
Dont think it was that obvious, ball was in contact with both english and samoan player before coming out.

This would be funny if a clear English fanbase werent calling the decision awful.

And I commend those fans being honest enough
It was probably the correct decisions in the end but many more obvious ones have not been looked at in detail, those inconsistencies are what's irritating.

It's like being back in the summer … dreadful.

Samoa look like a different team, but perhaps England are making them look good by being so awful.

Latest posts