• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: England vs. Australia (03/10/2015)

How can he be the so called number 1 if he's ranked second?

Edit; why has the English threads for games become trolling grounds for people that have nothing better to do?

The game is tomorrow and we have the neanderthrals of Scotland*, Ireland* and New Zealand* talking about everything other than the game itself. It's a rugby forum, not a game of *** for tat. Rant over :)

*disclaimer - not all fans from those countries are neanderthrals.

Was just readin through the pages and saw that apparently England had the number 1 ranked golfer in the world!

Didn't mean to troll at all, but I went to school with the guy so I kinda felt obliged to stick up for him. Right on though, let's get back to the rugby!

Tensions is getting pretty high isn't it? I mean the South Africa vs Scotland will be a cracker beforehand too, looking forward to a top quality Afternoon/Evening of Rugby and Beer!

May is outstandingly quick

He runs some funny lines, but he's scored a couple of tries that a lot of slower wingers wouldn't have scored. The one against Wales, he had no room to move.

Was just readin through the pages and saw that apparently England had the number 1 ranked golfer in the world!

Didn't mean to troll at all, but I went to school with the guy so I kinda felt obliged to stick up for him. Right on though, let's get back to the rugby!

Tensions is getting pretty high isn't it? I mean the South Africa vs Scotland will be a cracker beforehand too, looking forward to a top quality Afternoon/Evening of Rugby and Beer!

Apologies, I just probably picked on you as you were the last to post. Kiwi has been going on about it for pages though along with bazz.

On to the game(s). I'm hugely looking forward to tomorrow afternoon/evening. SA Scot is a very tasty fixture and I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland win. Although, the noise from north of the border will be unbearable. I'm hoping if England fail to win the World Cup (highly likely) I would like to see Ireland do it.

He runs some funny lines, but he's scored a couple of tries that a lot of slower wingers wouldn't have scored. The one against Wales, he had no room to move.

My personal favourite was his try against New Zealand 11 months ago. It was a cracker.

I suppose if you averaged out their speed the back-lines would be pretty similar. Foley, Gits & Folau are quicker than their opposite number, but then May and Watson are quicker than our wings. Much of a muchness.

Yeah not much in it although May is dangerously quick!

I fear Pocock & Hooper's speed to the breakdown more the Aussie backline!

Deleted. I was just feeding the troll, which I shouln't have (or "shouldn't of" as the troll himself would write).

Folau, AAC, Hooper, Kuridrani, Giteau. They tend to score their points five at a time

You're kidding, right. Please tell me you're kidding.

OK, Brown is quick, I'll give you that, and May is pretty quick, but that us only useful if the ball gets to him. The rest of the England backs? Show Ponies and Cart Horses. Burgess is slower than a wet week!

The Wallabies' speed is in mifield, and they will shut down the likes of Joseph and Barritt.
May's 10.4. He'll be one of the fastest guys at the tournament, let alone the game.

Watson is quicker than Folau and Joseph is quicker than Watson. Farrell and Barritt aren't too fast, but Brown's decent speed.

Kuridrani is okish speed, Horne is slow, Folau is reasonably quick but he's obviously more than just speed. Gits is ok, AAC is reasonable, Foley's meh, Genia's meh. Aussies are more about positioning than speed.

whats everyones score margin predictions for this match?

Well the forums main admin sets the tone for the site, with "English arrogance" under his name.

The main point ncurd was England are not dominant in many sports in the World any more, not even close in most cases, even though that's how a lot of your fellow countrymen perceive it, it's just not the case.

The only sports England dominate are sports where the competitor is sitting down or going backwards - cycling, equestrian and rowing.

Fair points. I'd say other nations have more level headed and less aggressive posters. Particularly South Africa and Australia on this forum where the posters are few but the substance is strong. It just depends what kind of crop of people you get. I've been part of forums where The Welsh and Aussies have been unbearable. Anyway, can't wait for the match!

you must be joking on the Scotland v south Africa thread the boks have all decided they've won the game before its played

England by a very emotional 3!

it would be a very emotional 3 for me too, i feel it would be a different emotion though haha. but in all seriousness you could be right, its going to be very close

Last edited:
it would be a very emotional 3 for me too, i feel it would be a different emotion though haha. but in all seriousness you could be right, its going to be very close

To be honest it's too close to call.

The difference between England and Australia and Wales for that matter is minimal (as shown by the ranking points differential in the past 3yrs).

Australia have shown more form through their Rugby Championship campaign but England have looked pretty good bar the 2nd French warm up match (even including the Wales game) during the same period.

But England have two obvious advantages. One is they are at home. And the second is the fact that we are battled hardened following the game last week. That was a pressure cooker environment and you could argue that England didn't cope very well but the advantage is the very fact that they know what that feels like. Whereas Australia as a team, even with all their experience, haven't faced this yet.

Who do you think you're kidding Mr Gatland, if you think we're on the run...

I reckon it will be australia by 0-3 or england by 7-10.

If the England pack get on top they should kick their way to a decent advantage, esp at home and with farrell in great kicking form.

If the breakdown results in turnovers and pens to aus, england will probably hang in there but lose a close one.

Did i mention I'm going to this one....v excited.

I reckon it will be australia by 0-3 or england by 7-10.

If the England pack get on top they should kick their way to a decent advantage, esp at home and with farrell in great kicking form.

If the breakdown results in turnovers and pens to aus, england will probably hang in there but lose a close one.

Did i mention I'm going to this one....v excited.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared for some heartache and despair - make sure you take a box of Kleenex with ya :eek:

Usual England vs Australia nonsense don't take it seriously from anyone.

Latest posts