• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Youth in the back row, where we need lively, modern players. Happy with that. I'm a fan of Curry, and from what I've seen of Willis at Wasps and Earl at Saracens shows they have a degree of potential..

A few names not in there, that I might question, but a rather good and interesting squad :)

Wild, but I like it.
Redpath should really be with the u18s or u20s but I imagine they're trying to cap him before his dad can twist his ear. Vveerryy talented.

Delighted to see Cips there, hope he doesn't get bunged at 15. Hasn't Loz played a bit there for wasps/Sarries?

Robson, finally. Big mark Wilson fan as well - imagine he got the nod because he's played 8 a fair bit in the past for falcons.

Don't like shields but whatever

Just seen theres no Jason Woodward, that's surprising.

Im disappointed some of the Lions haven't been rested tbh.

And here it is with the training / BaaBaas squad

England squad for South Africa Tour

Backs: Mike Brown, Danny Cipriani, Elliot Daly, Nathan Earle, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Alex Lozowski, Jonny May, Cameron Redpath, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Denny Solomona, Ben Spencer, Ben Te'o, Ben Youngs.

Forwards: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Tom Curry, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Jonny Hill, Nick Isiekwe, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Joe Marler, Chris Robshaw, Brad Shields, Sam Simmonds, Kyle Sinckler, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola, Harry Williams, Jack Willis, Mark Wilson.

England training squad, Brighton (week commencing May 14)

Backs: Mike Brown, Joe Cokanasiga, George Ford, Piers Francis, Ollie Lawrence, Ben Loader, Jonny May, Cameron Redpath, Marcus Smith, Denny Solomona, Ben Te'o, Ben Vellacott, Jason Woodward, Ben Youngs.

Forwards: Josh Beaumont, Tom Curry, Tom Ellis, Ellis Genge, Teimana Harrison, Paul Hill, George McGuigan, Josh McNally, Joe Marler, Zach Mercer, Beno Obano, Chris Robshaw, Jono Ross, Nick Schonert, Kyle Sinckler, Jack Singleton, Elliott Stooke.

How I would line up, based on this squad for the 1st test... But I can't see Robshaw and Marler not making the starting lineup for at least the first test.

1. Mako
2. George
3. Williams
4. Itoje
5. Launchbury
6. Willis
7. Curry
8. Vunipola

9. Youngs
10. Cipriani
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Daly
14. Solomona
15. Brown

LCD, Genge, Sinckler, Isiekwe, Simmonds, Robson, Te'o, Slade

Last edited:
So my team prediction.
1. Genge
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Launchbury
6. Shields
7. Willis
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Te'o
14. Daly
15. Brown

16. Cowan-Dickie
17. Mako
18. Williams
19. Isiekwe
20. Wilson
21. Robson
22. Cipriani
23. Solomona

My Baabaa team
1. Genge
2. Singleton
3. Schonert
4. Stooke
5. Beaumont
6. Robshaw
7. Curry
8. Mercer
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Cokasigna
12. Redpath
13. Woodward
14. Solomona
15. Brown

16. McGugian
17. Obano
18. Hill
19. Ellis
20. Ross
21. Vellacott
22. Smith
23. Lawrence

I'm so used to not seeing Robson, i totally didn't read him in the squad announcement #incrediblescenes

I know they are different positions but seeing Mcguigan's name there over the likes of Graham is a little strange.

So breakdown
SA squad
10 Sarries
5 Exeter Chiefs
5 Wasps
4 Leicester Tigers
3 Harlequins
3 Sale Sharks
1 Worcester Warrior
1 Newcastle Falcon
1 Hurricane

No Bath, Gloucester, Irish or Saint.

Cips to falcons makes a lot of sense,
They need a top class 10, especially with flood aging and injury prone
Also he works a lot with Steve black and he's based in Newcastle

Cips to falcons makes a lot of sense,
They need a top class 10, especially with flood aging and injury prone
Also he works a lot with Steve black and he's based in Newcastle

Maybe alot will come down to personality though esp with Richards.

Deano builds a squad and doesn't tend to get a star player for the hell of it.

Latest posts