• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: Argentina vs. England (2nd Test) (17/06/2017)

Disappointed with this, we dont need to see what robshaw can do we need to see what ben curry can do. Wilson SH at 6 and 7 and b curry on bench.

Give earle a shot over may or yarde. We need to get a 3rd choice that isnt yarde or may and im hopful watson will be the FB so need to start giving wingers experience now IMO.

Rather give game time to young players and lose than win and not learn anything i mwan rankings dont matter now weve had the RWC draw

I don't mind the team. I'd love to see B Curry and JC get a game but It won't hinder their development, this tour has already benefited England.

Glad Underhill is playing.

Marland Yarde, still not a fan, but 8 tries in 13 caps against top nations isn't bad for a 3rd or 4th choice winger...

I don't mind the team. I'd love to see B Curry and JC get a game but It won't hinder their development, this tour has already benefited England.

Glad Underhill is playing.

Marland Yarde, still not a fan, but 8 tries in 13 caps against top nations isn't bad for a 3rd or 4th choice winger...

Yarde has got a lot of tries yet all the ones I can recall except for his very early years have been walk ins where he has had literally nobody in front of him 5m from the line.

:D That's very true, always got a walk in after Ford puts him through :D

I guess he's got to run the right lines...

No issue with the team except for two thirds of the back three.

Do have an issue with Mrs OH booking us a week in Greece flying out at 6 am tomorrow. Why doesn't she know that mid June is peak rugby season?

No issue with the team except for two thirds of the back three.

Do have an issue with Mrs OH booking us a week in Greece flying out at 6 am tomorrow. Why doesn't she know that mid June is peak rugby season?
Which third don't you have an issue with?

I can't help feeling that taking the Currys and Isiekwe to Argentina rather than Georgia was a pretty huge mistake. Tom went very well in the third test but Ben's gotten no game time and Isiekwe will come away with hardly any. Would've made far more sense to let them have their U20s World Cup and get some real competitive game time rather than hold tackle bags in Argentina. Very poor player management IMO.

Edit: And Cokonasiga, what an enormous waste taking him was.

Last edited:
Yarde has got a lot of tries yet all the ones I can recall except for his very early years have been walk ins where he has had literally nobody in front of him 5m from the line.

He beat a tackler to score in the first test here. https://i.imgur.com/VnhLJGs.png

VnhLJGs.png

He's obviously in a bit of space and he should score around the tighthead, but I've seen tougher tackles made. That shouldn't suddenly become 'no one'. And it's a lot more than 5m out.

If you look for videos on youtube (they've all got one) showing Yarde's successes you'll find him beating defenders to score.

Yarde probably isn't the guy to be playing on the wing for England if you ask me but calling everything he's done right nothing, just to make the decision easier, is laziness.

It was a bit of an exaggeration but the fact still remains that many of Yarde's tries have been as I described. You'd have to be a pretty **** poor winger to not be able to beat a prop on the outside with that much space.

Which third don't you have an issue with?

I can't help feeling that taking the Currys and Isiekwe to Argentina rather than Georgia was a pretty huge mistake. Tom went very well in the third test but Ben's gotten no game time and Isiekwe will come away with hardly any. Would've made far more sense to let them have their U20s World Cup and get some real competitive game time rather than hold tackle bags in Argentina. Very poor player management IMO.

Edit: And Cokonasiga, what an enormous waste taking him was.

May.

Not sure about that. Age group stuff is a very different beast. Eddie has one short term objective and I doubt he'd have wasted his time on any that didn't at least have half a shot of making the 2019 squad. Seeing them day to day in training and around the squad will tell him a lot about them as well as showing the kids what it takes to play with the big boys. If Curry's booked himself a seat on the plane then the tour's already a success.

Hoping for another cracker tonight! Love the lions tour, not liking Gats :/ This should be more fun tonight :D

Pizza, beer, ice cream...I'm ready for another great game.

Both of the singers, got louder and quieter in parts.

That was a poor kick from Ford...not sure why Ford was so quick to kick there.

I'd forgotten what phased quick play was like!