• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs New Zealand

SA were unplayable there, not sure anyone can physically live with them if they turn up like that.

How long until SA decide a 8 - 0 split is the new meta.

It's a top 3 now. NZ are ****** having to turn around from that, just no positives.

That was better than I thought SA could be, can't wait for 23 September.

So Scott Barrett will have an interview without coffee, probably on Wednesday. Are there any other possible citing instances from this game? PSTD's yellow card may have been a little marginal, is he likely to be on the naughty step?
Likewise are there any injuries? Unfortunately these are the factors that are likely to shape the outcome of the busy side of the draw…

Siya Kolisi is the main character. The other 14 players are just buffs.

Siya Kolisi is the main character. The other 14 players are just buffs.
I was in Stellenbosch when the Springboks were having a training camp in 2018. Where I was living was where they would do their gym sessions and eat. I'm not kidding when I say that being in the same room makes you feel better. His outlook is contagious and his presence is so strong.

Geez that was a tough watch.
Zero discipline, terrible mistakes and decisions.
Scott Barrett can be real meat head sometimes

I was in Stellenbosch when the Springboks were having a training camp in 2018. Where I was living was where they would do their gym sessions and eat. I'm not kidding when I say that being in the same room makes you feel better. His outlook is contagious and his presence is so strong.
He is everything that personifies the South African spirit. From nothing to something despite everything. He is, and will always be my favorite player. From the day he saved us from losing to Scotland in Nelspruit on debut, to now. His 4 month recovery from a potentially career ending injury shows you what kind of mental giant this man really is.

As a side, I love StellenBosch lol.

Last edited:
I need to watch the highlights of this. Felt like we constantly had the pressure on NZ and they never had the chance to react. Moodie was great at centre and amazing having three wings on the pitch, although I don't think Reinach worked out as wing cover. Libbok also had his perfect game, even his mistakes resulted in us having an own lineout in their 22.

Slightly worried we have peaked too soon, but an amazing experience to get a win like that.

Never ever seen the Abs so lost in a test match. Regardless of the fact it was a nothing match. They proved that without coaching and structure, with a gameplan, talent will smack a wall very fast. Rugby sure has changed.

Just read that is the biggest loss for the All Blacks in their history. I guess ideal to get it in a no-stakes game but not ideal for World Cup confidence.

Make no mistake, Abs didn't give a s about this game. They will never play like this in the WC.
They rarely if ever play like they don't give a ****, tonight included. The first team got boshed. Way better here than in the actual tournament.

Great win for the Boks who have reminded us who the World Champs are. That is one heck of a pack with a sprinkling of magic in the back line.

ABs surely won't be that bad again and ultimately let's not forget they beat the Boks in 2019 before the defeat to England.

Next stop for them is France, right? Sets that one up well- ABs with something to prove and France the tournament fav!

Boks, Ireland and Scotland gonna be fireworks too!

Bought my new Springboks jersey on Saturday and am looking forward to attending this one in person. Second Springboks vs All Blacks game I'm attending at Twickenham but hoping for a better result than last time.

What is very impressive by Neinaber and Rassie is the depth they have created going into this World Cup. For this game, we have kept only one player constant in our backline, switched out our locks and a loose forward... and I don't feel like either the team last week or this week is weaker (albeit Moodie is experimental). Plus we can just switch out our front row completely and not much difference happens there.

Do we know who our best starting XV is.... probably not... But we have 2 to 3 players in each position that can do an almost equivalent job... Except for flyhalf where if we lose Libbok we have no choice but to draft in match unfit Pollard.
Proudly South African here
U must have enjoyed this one Live
35-7
This was just about showing we have got what it takes 2 keep The Cup here where it belongs🇿🇦👀

Slept on it, jet-lag is the only thing NZ can hope caused that performance, otherwise they're goosed.

SA look incredibly impressive, which I don't really mind, I'd always prefer to meet a confident Boks side over a wounded one. 1 v 2 in the world facing in the pool stages must be a first? It'll be the second 1 v 2 game I attend this year which is a bit wild.

Always thought Boks would win this one after the one they lost in RC. Will lose Scotty B and likely Lomax for the big one v France so a costly game for them. And to top that be without Brodie.

Looks like it is time to bet the ranch on an Ireland vs SA final (barring injury/suspension for Ireland).

Slept on it, jet-lag is the only thing NZ can hope caused that performance, otherwise they're goosed.

SA look incredibly impressive, which I don't really mind, I'd always prefer to meet a confident Boks side over a wounded one. 1 v 2 in the world facing in the pool stages must be a first? It'll be the second 1 v 2 game I attend this year which is a bit wild.
Probably a very good result for Ireland. Weight of expectation hugely reduced and we meet them without having shown our hand. Still a frighteningly impressive performance from SA so not necessarily all good news.