• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I personally wish they would stop constantly looking to change the rules and leave the bloody game alone.

Or just apply existing ones properly. Scrum feeds are one of my pet hates. So,e are more blatant than others, but literally every single 9 is breaking a basic law on every scrum. So easy to fix.

Other than hat, fixing the scrum would have the biggest benefit. Constant re-sets take an age, are so unnecessary and really put people off the game.

Or just apply existing ones properly. Scrum feeds are one of my pet hates. So,e are more blatant than others, but literally every single 9 is breaking a basic law on every scrum. So easy to fix.

Other than hat, fixing the scrum would have the biggest benefit. Constant re-sets take an age, are so unnecessary and really put people off the game.
Yep.
Feeding the scrum
On your feet at the ruck
No pre-binding
Off-side lines

Hopefully they can instil the mentality of knowing when you should or shouldn't give away penalties. It's been a major England problem for ages and I think fixing that will have the single biggest impact on England improving. It will be nice to have some games where we are the ones conceding fewer penalties or hell, even getting single figures.

Nah, we're just going to see more old school penalties

Offsides are out, shoeing people is in

10 weeks, but I'm not entirely sure if that starts from final whistle of final test, return to GB.
It'll be the weekend of 16th October. If it's from final whistle, then Sunday matches will be fine, if from return to GB they won't. It would seem silly for different clubs to be affected differently depending on that vagary, but silly and rugby admin go hand in hand

Talking about "silly" and rugby admin...
Confirmed that Monday 18th October return for the English Lions, but 13th September for the non-English Lions; so Sale, for example, will only be down by Curry, as their Saffers will be available.

Rugby championship runs until October 2nd, and I imagine there'll be at least a couple of weeks rest between that and them coming back to their clubs (cause they went straight from prem into lions into TRC) so I imagine Faf and the twins will be back around the same time as Curry

We're going to be missing AJ a lot as well - RWC qualifiers this weekend/next, and then games all October
Think we'll only have him the opening round or two of the prem, and I'm not ever sure of that as America have a game in Canada 6 days before the prem opener

Gonna be a rough start to the season

Good point, I'd forgotten that South Africa were playing again now

Rugby championship runs until October 2nd, and I imagine there'll be at least a couple of weeks rest between that and them coming back to their clubs (cause they went straight from prem into lions into TRC) so I imagine Faf and the twins will be back around the same time as Curry

We're going to be missing AJ a lot as well - RWC qualifiers this weekend/next, and then games all October
Think we'll only have him the opening round or two of the prem, and I'm not ever sure of that as America have a game in Canada 6 days before the prem opener

Gonna be a rough start to the season
If the USA beat Canada (I'm sure they will), their next game would be early October vs. Uruguay. Not sure if it's over two legs or just the one?

For the South Africans, I don't think they'll play before the AIs - by the time they're back, they'll have a couple of weeks before they join back up with the Bok squad for the games in November,

Sale's depth is OK. I think the bigger problem is that the replacements aren't necessarily like-for-like. The hardest to replace is probably Dan du Preez. No one else in the squad really brings that go forward from 8.

If the USA beat Canada (I'm sure they will), their next game would be early October vs. Uruguay. Not sure if it's over two legs or just the one?
From what I remember USA play this weekend/next, then first two and last two weekends of October
He said in an interview he'll be with us at the start of the season but I'm not expecting to see him until November
Sale's depth is OK. I think the bigger problem is that the replacements aren't necessarily like-for-like. The hardest to replace is probably Dan du Preez. No one else in the squad really brings that go forward from 8.
AJ is the biggest miss for me - Rob DP is good but a pretty big step down, and doesn't have the kicking for autumn rainy rugby

8 is definitely a concern though - imagine it'll be Ross there, but he's an out and out 6, never looked at home anywhere else
I'd put Beaumont back there, myself, but with Lood and JLdP missing he'll definitely be at lock

Guys, how does Alex Groves qualify for England U20's and England itself? Is it residency or what?

Similarly Saints new Signing...AUssie Lock Wilhemsen, is apparently EQ. How is that the case?

Guys, how does Alex Groves qualify for England U20's and England itself? Is it residency or what?
Qualifies for England u20s by living in England (u20s, outside of the junior world cup, you only have to be living in the country to be qualified)
As far as I'm aware he's not EQP officially

A lot of South Africans are qualifies for England through a granny - Jono Ross, for example, is EQP because of family

Well first round of the prem down and a few players put their hands up already....

Steward and Martin at the tigers were very impressive....Radwan for us (Falcons)
JVP and Quirke also had good games at scrum half aswell

Great to see the young kids really putting a marker down for the old guards to match.

Yeah Quirke was excellent until his injury, hopefully nothing too bad and he can come back next week

Manu got through 80mins without being injured or even needing the medics on, which is big for him - not necessarily saying he should be in the England 23 atm, but he will inevitably be in the EPS so good to keep track

Latest posts