• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 1] England vs. Australia (19/10/2019)

I was luckily asleep by 10 so I got over 5 hours. Better than expected. It's now lashing down so the run is off. 2003 final on YouTube it is.

awesome stuff, I was about to go to bed but then had to take an unexpected trip to the hospital, hoping to be back in time.

I hate knock-out rugby. It leaves me a nervous wreck. On form, England by 14, but the Aussies can turn up...especially when you least expect it. Kinda like the French. I'd prefer England to progress and get a good old fashioned All Black hiding, put that English arrogance to rest.

Well a massive step up is required from England today. We certainly have everything we need to win this game, the lads just need to show up and get this job done.

I'm currently in Cape Town so hitting a local pub in all my England finery. What could possibly go wrong?!

bring on BBQ breakfast, beer with a big serving of England winning with a Sadie of arrogance. HUZZAH!!

3L6GXRGNVJHZFJG6NCTMYONL4I.jpg

After Forumwhores post I just rewatched the 2003 highlights reel. I always forget how mistake laden that performance was by both sides. Even so still gets my heart going even after all these years. Got myself all pumped up now. Been trying not to get ahead of myself but balls to it. This best chance England have had to win a world up since 2003. We managed an 18 game winning streak and have dispatched all the best teams in the world and pose a serious threat to even the ABs. Yes we lack a proper 15, and our starting 9 is stuck in some sort of temporal rift that causes him to look like a puppy fat laden teenager while also apparently passing a ball in slow motion, but everywhere else we've got talent and ability by the bucket loads. So:

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!! In a few weeks time I expect to be in the Saffer wine region, drunk by 11 AM celebrating a RWC victory.

For me This is just about Englands strongest match day sqd
So no excuses if we dont win we dont deserve it

Slade starting vexed me slightly. JJ is not only more on form but also totally fit. I can only assume that EJ is sure how long he'll last and so has JJ benched so that if/when he pulls up there's a decent option on the bench who can see the game out. Rather then have him come on with 30 to go and then drop down after 10, leaving us buggered.

this team does raise the question of what the point of McConnichie was? He's surely not going to see any more game time? Also wonder in Big Joe will feature again (assuming there's a game for him to feature in)?

For fucks sake I have to go to work at 9 and it's still mr bean on itv for another 20 minutes

Why didn't WR have a contingency plan for this

Last edited:
Slade starting vexed me slightly. JJ is not only more on form but also totally fit. I can only assume that EJ is sure how long he'll last and so has JJ benched so that if/when he pulls up there's a decent option on the bench who can see the game out. Rather then have him come on with 30 to go and then drop down after 10, leaving us buggered.

this team does raise the question of what the point of McConnichie was? He's surely not going to see any more game time? Also wonder in Big Joe will feature again (assuming there's a game for him to feature in)?

I don't mind Tuilagi/Slade as a combination, we have seen it work for a lot of 2018/19 because they don't set up as a conventional backline, Tuilagi and Slade are just presented as 2 distinct options with one in front of the other, one crash ball one 2nd playmaker. I don't think we will see a 12-13 pass this game, unless it's an offload, the attacking structure is just about Farrell choosing either option. JJ is a like for like replacement for Tuilagi in this set up, he is just more likely to try and step past a defender than flatten them. So I don't think a Tuilagi/JJ combo brings much, it'd feel redundant.

Agree re: McConnachie, given how light we are on back row cover it is bizarre to have 3 wingers not in the 23

Done 40 mins of extended highlights of the England games now.

Should be able to fast forward the first couple of ad breaks..

Animated Mr Bean is underrated btw

COME ONE ENGLAND

Latest posts