• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF1] Argentina vs New Zealand (20/10/2023)

It's at 20.00 Paris time

Coverage might start at 6, but kickoff is at 7am.

Guinness is a breakfast food group, just like cake.
It's actually @ 2100 Friday night CEST which is 11 hours behind NZT (we've gone to Daylight Savings) making it 0800 Saturday - great time to watch before golf:) Another site had the wrong time @ 1900 Friday-CEST.
1697667157640.png

happy enough with that team although i would have gone with Roigard, I dont want smith doing 80 (70) again and dont trust christie

happy to go full strength from now on in, let blind passion and strapping tape take us all the way

It's actually @ 2100 Friday night CEST which is 11 hours behind NZT (we've gone to Daylight Savings) making it 0800 Saturday - great time to watch before golf:) Another site had the wrong time @ 1900 Friday-CEST.
View attachment 18238

I thought it was 8am, as that's what is on my calendar, but the official site has it at 20:00

I can see why the flat-earthers are gaining traction

Would have preferred we rested players. Can't see is beating South Africa if we win this one. Will be interesting to see if South Africa rests anyone or reverts to seven one bench

happy enough with that team although i would have gone with Roigard, I dont want smith doing 80 (70) again and dont trust christie

happy to go full strength from now on in, let blind passion and strapping tape take us all the way
Hope we get out to a lead early then give the bench extended game time

Again Bertranou? we're dead
Cubelli injured? Again relying on a guy in the Italian domestic league as SH backup?

ABs must be buzzing and get Telea back. But the Pumas win over Wales was a solid result and performance. 80% chance NZ completely run away with this but if the Pumas defence can hold firm early then this could be fascinating as the Pumas can score points here if their confidence is not destroyed early on. However....

ABs 43 - Pumas 9 (sorry :( )

Was listening to 2 Cents on Youtube, he was quoting a 96% tackle accuracy by the Argies against NZ in the test where Argie won in Chch last year. The haven't managed a 90% accuracy against anyone this year. I am guessing the reasons for the high tackle percentages in Chch were 1) Argie were pumped, and 2) NZ were tired after beating the Boks in SA.

Both of those reasons are applicable for this weekends game, so I maintain my theory that fresher beats better, and would have liked more changes to the NZ team.

Even if things go well, it is unlikely we run on the reserves earlier than 60 minutes, so it's a lot of work for the 15 starters, and SA are going to be a test next week that will take us to the 80th minute.

Cubelli injured? Again relying on a guy in the Italian domestic league as SH backup?

ABs must be buzzing and get Telea back. But the Pumas win over Wales was a solid result and performance. 80% chance NZ completely run away with this but if the Pumas defence can hold firm early then this could be fascinating as the Pumas can score points here if their confidence is not destroyed early on. However....

ABs 43 - Pumas 9 (sorry :( )

Yeah, this is what everyone is expecting -myself included

it would be wonderful to be wrong tho

Argentina won't win, but I expect them to be a tougher proposition for the ABs than a lot of people think. NZ could easily struggle in this one if they are slightly off it. 28-16 ABs.

yeah but a lot of those minutes were against England and Wales so they barely got out of zone 1. Another advantage for the argies. #pawsup
Florida International University Dance GIF by FIU

anxiety, just watched all of press conferences from arg before the game

they all mention that they've been focusing all week on defense and they know they need it to be perfect to have a chance

anxiety, just watched all of press conferences from arg before the game

they all mention that they've been focusing all week on defense and they know they need it to be perfect to have a chance
its probably a good plan, we've shown we will take a risky play (crossfield kick or midfield chip) even in our danger zone if we're not making progress, our exists are also the one area we still have sorted so some pressure off kick offs could be crucial

some more interesting stats

View attachment 18256

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Gonzalez and Kremer's numbers aren't surprising given they've both started every game for them and from memory, have only each been subbed once, but seeing them in this context is quite startling. Especially when compared to their opposites (Ardie at least had the benefit of a full week off) and the fact they're playing their 4th game in consecutive weekends... gotta think fatigue is a bit of a concern for them.

Latest posts