• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF1] Argentina vs New Zealand (20/10/2023)

Barrett was penalised there for something his teammates have been getting away with constantly in this game... rolling towards the Argentina posts and not side to side.

Second attempts on the ball are a constant problem for Argentina, slowing the ball. Basically NZ will attack the breakdown until the ref puts manners on them. If he doesn't put manners on them they'll engage in a free for all.

Just get the sense NZ are playing a controlled game with fatigue in mind. They've got another level in intensity, but saving it for later in the half and then the final.

Disagree.

It was a warm up game against the Boks. They did beat the Boks in the rugby championship.

France made the home advantage count against New Zealand in the opener. And France were the better team than South Africa in the quarter final. Again, fine margins between the top 4.

Also, these same All Blacks won the rugby championship yet again. Are they are dominant as they once were. No. But they are still clearly one of the best teams and the difference between them and the other 3 top dogs is minimal at best. I put them all on the same tier.
Fair enough. I think there are reasonable arguments on both sides. I think we shall see what transpires in the final.

This is the inevitable but unpleasant hangover from the QF round party. More to look forward to tomorrow.

NZ are cruising this and they're probably only in 2nd gear. If they really wanted to they could crank it up.

Wont even bother watching the second half, my interest in this wc ended after those qfs and the loss of France/Ireland! Also the refereeing is shocking again, this whole wc they have been favoring t1 teams over t2 teams, or higher rated (english speaking) t1 teams over lower rated t1 teams. Its disgusting really!

Damn..its more interesting to read comments where I'm streaming the video and here,than to watch this.
Thankfully watching it with a funny commentator,so can laugh a bit at least

Argentina players look tired - their highest minutes-played-per-player average is taking its toll. I expect the same thing will happen with England who have the second-highest minutes per player average.

We can bring on the bench after 50 minutes and rest Savea, Scottie Barrett, and maybe the front row.

Argentina players look tired - their highest minutes-played-per-player average is taking its toll. I expect the same thing will happen with England who have the second-highest minutes per player average.
Hmm, I read comments where I watch the match and 90% of posters there are sure in NZ:Eng final :eek:

Latest posts