• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 1] England vs. Australia (19/10/2019)

The Irish are due a big performance, and to be honest I hope they do it tomorrow.

Am I the only one that thinks England will blow the ozzies away
No, but I spend (much) more time thinking that we're going to lose - hopefully that's just an over-reaction to seeing our best-form player dropped so that our worst-form player doesn't get shown up again.
About the only thing I don't seem to expect is England by less than 10 - so that's the most likely result then...

Nothing on current form would suggest that Ireland will get anywhere near NZ. Think it could be a black massacre
It would not surprise me, I just do not like the look of this All Black side. Not enough battle-hardened winners in the backs at this level.

Am I the only one that thinks England will blow the ozzies away
Yeah the ozzies got into that mindset in 2007 and got shoved all round the park for 80 minutes. I think it's going to be a tight, stressful down to the wire game. Which is why I'm off shooting and will watch the highlights in the local later

A surprisingly personal interview with the Vunipola brothers. They talk about their upbringing, their dad, Tongan attitudes to rugby and family, and other stuff.

A surprisingly personal interview with the Vunipola brothers. They talk about their upbringing, their dad, Tongan attitudes to rugby and family, and other stuff.

Mako still sounds so Welsh.

I also feel Ireland could do this for some reason. I get that they've been poor since they last beat the All Blacks in 2018 but... and I'll probably end up being wrong but this 'performance' we've all been expecting from Ireland all year and it's never turned up, I gotta feeling (partly law of probability, partly NZ selection... partly old Celtic mysticism) it might turn up tomorrow.
Their president, the leprechaun, will turn up with his bag of tricks that the Irish fans have been promising

Edit: which thread is this?

Just got myself in the mood for tomorrow by watching Building Jerusalem. Absolutely buzzing now. Sleep may not happen tonight!

Just got myself in the mood for tomorrow by watching Building Jerusalem. Absolutely buzzing now. Sleep may not happen tonight!
Mate, I've been like that all week... I haven't been able to concentrate on anything other than rugby since Monday!

Latest posts